Instant Pot chocolate chip pumpkin bread is a seriously delicious fall treat. Since it is made in a pressure cooker, it won’t heat up your kitchen. Perfect for when you are ready for fall goodies like pumpkin bread but the weather says it’s still summer.
This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe uses only half a cup of brown sugar and half a cup of chocolate chips. Making it slightly healthier than other quick bread recipes that use one cup and a half of sugar.
I found that I didn’t miss the extra sugar. With the addition of the chocolate chips, this pumpkin bread has just the right amount of sweetness.
Now having said that you may want to add a bit more chocolate chips. This is of course to your preference. I am only thinking healthy here. But sometimes you gotta have more chocolate.
I used regular size chocolate chips. You could use mini chocolate chips but I don’t think you’d get that bite of chocolate that is just enough.
It is still one delicious pumpkin bread.
Quick breads and cakes turn out so moist and airy in a pressure cooker. I am especially fond of the Instant Pot Banana Bread that I make on a regular basis. If you haven’t tried that, you totally should.
I was determined to make this in the Instant Pot. After trial and error, I have come up with my favorite pumpkin bread recipe.
I learned from my mistake.
One thing I learned with putting this Instant Pot chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe together, the batter should not be too wet. It needs to be dense.
Do not use the entire can of pumpkin puree, like I did. The bread will not cook. I did this on my first test run with this recipe.
What a disaster. I cooked it for the right amount of time and it was like pumpkin pudding not pumpkin bread. But that is what testing is for, right?
Not to worry. This recipe is perfect now.
I tried to make this Instant Pot chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe as simple as possible. To get fall flavors to the pumpkin, it needs spices. You could add individual amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ginger and allspice but why? Simply use pumpkin pie spice. Easy peasy. This is a such time saver.
Some people would classify this as a cake rather than a bread. It is definitely moist like a cake but not as sweet. Plus it is quite dense.
Since it is made in the Instant Pot in a 6 cup bundt pan, it isn’t a large loaf. The slices are the perfect size for a snack with your favorite fall beverage. Pumpkin spice coffee, perhaps?
CHECKOUT MY MUST HAVE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES
The Best Pan For Instant Pot Quick Breads
I use my favorite 6 cup bundt pan that fits easily into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. I love this pan. A bundt pan makes such a pretty presentation that doesn’t need additional icing to be enticing.
This pumpkin bread could easily be wrapped up in cellophane to give as a housewarming gift. It is that pretty.
For best results: allow pumpkin bread to cool in pan for ten minutes.
The Instant Pot 6 Quart Duo
I use the Instant Pot Duo 6 quart. The 6 quart is just the right size for my family. The capacity holds enough to feed a family of 4 – 6. If you cook for more people than that, I would recommend going with the eight quart size.
More Instant Pot Recipes
I hope you love this recipe. If you make this pumpkin bread, please rate it in the comments below. Thanks so much!
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 6 quart Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 6 cup bundt pan
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- In a large bowl, stir together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together beaten eggs, pumpkin puree and oil.
- Add wet ingedients to dry. Stir just till mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease the bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Pour pumpkin bread batter into bundt pan.
- Add 1 cup of water to inner pot of Instant Pot. Place trivet inside inner pot.
- Lower bundt pan into Instant Pot. Or use the OXO sling without adding the trivet to the inner pot.
- Lock lid onto Instant Pot. Set steam release handle to SEALING.
- Use the high pressure setting.Press the manual or pressure cook button then set the time for 50 minutes.
- Once time is up, use a NATURAL release for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes are up, do a QUICK RELEASE for the remaining steam to escape.
- Once the float valve has completely dropped, remove the lid.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the pumpkin bread. The toothpick should come out with a few crumbs but be mostly clean.
- Remove bundt pan from Instant pot. Set bundt pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then turn pan over onto the cooling rack, removing pan to allow pumpkin bread to finish cooling.