This post contains affiliate links, which means I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Learn how to make bread with the Bosch Mixer. This mixer is big. Enabling you to make six loaves of bread in one batch of dough.
I have been making my own bread for several years now. There is just nothing that compares to home baked bread. The flavor is fabulous. I had been using my Kitchen Aid stand mixer for mixing and kneading the dough. It performs beautifully. I love my Kitchen Aid. I was only making two loaves at a time which will last our family about a week. This was fine. I enjoy making bread.
Six Loaves Of Bread
Six loaves of bread. Can you even imagine? I thought about this for weeks. Desperately, I wanted one. I know, I know. Another stand mixer just wasn’t something I needed. Then my sweet mister told me to go ahead and buy it. So I bought one and it is all mine now. Now, I am giddy with excitement. I am such a gadget geek.
All 800 watts of power. I love listening to the motor as it mixes. Here are the accessories it came with. Wire whisks to mix cake batters, cookie paddles for cookie dough or heavier batters and a dough hook along with an extender for smaller batches of dough. There are other configurations you can get that don’t include the cookie paddles.
How Long Do You Knead Bread In The Bosch Mixer?
The Bosch Mixer does such a great job of kneading. With it’s unique method, you only need to knead one time. Generally, it only takes 8 – 10 minutes for the Bosch mixer to accomplish kneading. You may need additional kneading time. That depends on your flour. The bread dough should be smooth and elastic when the kneading is finished.
I made a video on how to make bread with the Bosch mixer. This is the first video I ever made. I’ll admit it was a bit intimidating to film this. This video will show the capacity of this mixer.
Sandwich Bread Recipe
This whole wheat bread recipe makes a great sandwich bread. There is just nothing like biting into a sandwich created with homemade bread. This bread in no way compares to store bought bread. It will bring a smile to your face!
Are you tempted to try baking some bread? Here’s the recipe for you.
Here are my six loaves cooling on this ingenious cooling rack. This will be enough bread for 3 weeks. I put each loaf in a plastic bread bag and place it in the freezer. Making and freezing bread is healthier since you control what goes into it. Start to finish I spent a couple of hours making this recipe. A lot of that time was waiting for the dough to rise and then bake. So you can multi task while you are baking.
I don’t think I will ever go back to store bought bread again. Making bread is very simple. Think of the ingredients. Flour, yeast, sweetener, water and oil. Simple ingredients. I hope this inspires you to try making bread. You don’t have to have a stand mixer. Just get in the dough with your bare hands. Very therapeutic.
You may also like my recipe for Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls.
How To Make Bread With The Bosch Mixer
- 6 cups warm water 105°F to 115°F
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups rolled oats not instant
- 6 cups all purpose flour plus more
- 6 cups whole wheat flour plus more
- Create a sponge to activate the yeast. Add the 6 cups warm water, oil, honey, 6 cups flour and yeast to mixer bowl.
- Set to speed to 1 and mix till combined. Allow sponge to rise for 30 minutes.
- Once the sponge has risen to almost the top of the bowl, jog (by setting the mixer to M) to deflate the sponge.
- Set mixer to speed 1 and begin adding the salt, rolled oats and remaining flour till the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. At this point, stop the mixer and check how sticky the dough is. You may need to add more flour to the dough. You don’t want the dough to be too wet. Continue to add flour till it is just a bit sticky.
- Put mixer on setting 2 to begin kneading. This may take about 8 – 10 minutes. You want the dough to be elastic. Pull a portion of dough and it should slowly fall from your fingers without breaking.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Place in greased loaf pans and let rise till the dough is just above the rim of the pan.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 30 minutes till bread is golden brown. Insert an instant read thermometer into the center of one loaf. The bread is done when it has reached an internal temperature of 190° F.