The fall season is always about baking. Not any baking, mind you. Baking with canned pumpkin and cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. I can smell the aroma now. I adore moist pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts , pumpkin pie, and pumpkin spice coffee. It’a all good on a brisk, chilly fall day.
That is my favorite fall pan. It’s made by Nordic Ware. I think it dresses up the pumpkin bread and makes it even more delicious. Presentation is first and foremost, you know.
I have baked my share of dry quick breads. Although still edible, dry pumpkin bread just isn’t the same. So, here are a few tips to ensure a perfect loaf every time.
- Never use a mixer. Always hand stir the batter. You don’t want to over mix, resulting in a tough crumb.
- If the recipe calls for butter, substitute vegetable oil. The butter will harden up after the bread has cooled. The vegetable oil remains soft.
- Do not over bake. When the bread smells done, check it with a toothpick. You want moist crumbs on the toothpick. I always trust my nose to let me know when something is done or close to it.
- Store the pumpkin bread in the refrigerator. I know bread is supposed to dry out in the fridge but this is a quick bread.
There are lots of pumpkin bread recipes out there. Cookbooks, internet, friends and family. Just a bit of know how and you will have a winner with every loaf you bake..
Oh, and don’t forget the nuts. Pumpkin bread just isn’t right without walnuts. Yes, it needs to be slathered with butter. It can even be sliced and toasted in the toaster. A slice of home made pumpkin bread with a cup of coffee, perfect way to start the morning.
What is your favorite fall baking goodness? It doesn’t have to be pumpkin.
Join me at: Wow Us Wednesdays
Latest posts by Carol Chappell (see all)
- 5 Simple Ways To Decorate With Pumpkins For Fall - September 26, 2017
- 5 Reasons Your Planner Is Failing You - August 19, 2017
- How To Add Farmhouse Style Without Breaking Your Budget - August 2, 2017