After searching and digging through my t-shirt drawer , I decided enough! I was tired of this mess called my t-shirts. I knew I needed to organize my t-shirts. I had seen on Pinterest about folding t-shirts and placing them upright rather than placing them folded on top of each other in piles in a drawer. After digging through my drawer looking for a particular shirt, this is what I was left with……..
So, out they all came. On my bed. Waiting to arranged. All could be seen at the same time after being placed in a drawer. Organized t-shirts. I went searching for a board I could use to fold them onto. I found a cutting mat from my sewing room. Cardboard would have been fine.
This was a good time to sort through the shirts to see if there were any that could be weeded out. I only got rid of one and it is still laying on top of dresser. I am undecided if I really want to give it a way. This drawer holds only short sleeved t-shirts. I did find two long sleeved tees that I put elsewhere.
This is how I folded the t-shirts.
- Lay the shirt flat, facedown. Place your chosen board in the middle of the shirt on the neckline. Fold the sleeves and sides in, using the width of the board as your guide. This will provide uniformity when placed in the drawer.
- Fold the bottom one third up to the middle of the shirt.
- Fold the top third down over the bottom third of the shirt. Remove the folding board.
- Fold the shirt in half. Place in the drawer fold side up.
I also had tank tops in this drawer. I folded them a little differently.
- Lay the tank flat, facedown.
- Fold the tank in half.
- Fold in half again. Bottom to top.
- Then simply roll the tank into a burrito shape. Place in the drawer,
Ta Da! Nice neat drawer with room for more. I am so excited to be able to see without digging.
Have you any organizing tips on clothes? What has worked for you that gave you that AHA moment? I would love to hear.