When we put in our wood laminate floors at the beginning of this year, the wood laminate planks were delivered on pallets. Perfect, I would take those bad boys apart. No problem. Then I’d have some aged wood for signs and possibly a little side table.
Today, I decided it was time to start on this project. I got out a hammer and attempted to claw the boards apart. Nope. They weren’t budging. Then I got out the pry bar or Wonder Bar. The pallet is fastened with staples and nails. Some boards had just staples.
The boards with just staples were somewhat easy to pry apart. But most of the boards had staples and nails. Rusty nails. Nails that did not want to come loose. So I pried off the boards that I could. Yes, there were casualties.
I did eventually wind up with four boards. That is a start. At least I can make a sign or two. Guess I will have to get out the power tools to salvage the rest of the boards.
Working with rusty nails and splinters, had me wondering if I really wanted to continue. The lure of future projects is my motivation. I can picture my little side table out of pallet wood. Painted with home made chalk paint. Yes, I will get those pallets apart.